Being booed is a tradition that has been around for years. It is an act of kindness you can practice in your neighborhood. Talk to your kids about giving and acts of kindness while you create your own boo.
This printable is one page. It is almost monochrome, with mostly black and white, a little more goth than most of the boo’d printables out there. (straight to download)
On the left the background is a gravestone. There is a vintage clip art ghost which is black and white and orange. It says, “We’ve Been Booed,” in red text. On the right is a graphic with a Gorey-esque graveyard frame, and it reads, “You’ve Been Booed.” There are instructions for your recipients.
You can cut these elements out and use your own crafty skills and overflowing scrapbooking supplies to snazz it up.
Text from the printable instructions:
You’ve Been Booed
Keep this fun Halloween tradition going:
1. Enjoy your treat
2. Make two copies of the instructions and sign (or download from www.TheMoreWithLessMom.com)
3. Hang the “We’ve Been Booed” sign on your front door or window
4. Create two treats with goodies, crafts, or other fun stuff, including a copy of the signs
5. Surprise two neighbors who have not been booed
Feel free to use these graphics for your own crafts and other non-commercial purposes (right click to save). I would love a comment or Like on Facebook if you use them!
The variety of things you can put in your boo is endless. At some point I will accept the challenge of making a post about the many frugal ways you can do this activity.
Our boo would have cost $5 at the dollar store, except I already had everything on hand.
I included the following:
- One white ghost bag to hold everything, from the dollar store
- Two bags of candy, $1 each from the dollar store
- One pair fun stripey socks from the dollar store
- One floral spray of black roses from the dollar store
- One Halloween card that I made (and sell in my shop)
- You’ve Been Booed printables, cut out, glittered, and ribbon added
Photos of Our Boo
Other You’ve Been Booed Printables
FREE Black and White “You’ve Been BOOed!” Halloween Printable Set from Printabelle
Free Spider Printable Boo Sign from The Tomkat Studio
And A Boo To You Skeletons from Two Penny Blue Mom
Haunted Halloween FREE We’ve Been Booed Sign from Ruff Draft
You’ve Been Booed Witch from Tiff Creative Outlet
Shared with Here Comes Halloween Linky Party, Monday Funday Linky Party from Merry About Town, Ready, Set, Inspire Link Party, Say G’Day Linky Party, Turn It Up Tuesdays, We Love Weekends Linky and Wordless Wednesday on Oh My Heartsie Girl
Photos taken by me, Melissa French, The More With Less Mom
Vintage graphics used from The Graphics Fairy